All-in-one Laptop Case, Privacy Shield, Sun Shade & Germ Blocker – Press Release
MNK, Tech Protection. Announce the release of their long-awaited PROHOOD®. A splash-proof, water repellent, quick-drying, shock-absorbing laptop protector with an integrated splash resistant, water repellent, dark hood. Developed in the UK and inspired by his worldly travels, MNK founder – Adam Gibbs designed PROHOOD® to offer you the ultimate laptop accessory. It protects your device, your privacy and you.
Fed up with knocks, bumps, scratches and dirt on your expensive machine? PROHOOD® can help protect it.
- Annoyed with the sun and other light sources causing glare on your laptop? PROHOOD® can block it – reducing screen glare by 80% – 90%
- Your laptop is the dirtiest device you use. Hiding on your laptop is a whole host of harmful bacteria, around 25% of which is bacilli – a bacteria that can cause meningitis and food poisoning. Keyboards contaminated with a mix of harmful germs could potentially make you very ill – Use the wipe clean, protective canopy of PROHOOD® to cover your laptop from straying cough and sneezes.
- A Visual Hacker only needs one piece of valuable information top unlock a large scale data breach. PROHOOD® conceals your screen – keeping your sensitive data safe.
- By donating your old laptop case to MNK you could help reduce landfill waste and claim a discount.
Shop PROHOOD® as featured in the article here
Read the full article via MarketWatch here
A hacker often only needs one piece of valuable information to unlock a large-scale data breach.
What Is Visual Hacking – And How To Prevent It Happening To You
Hello Tech Lovers!
While most companies focus on intercepting data breaches from high-tech cyber attacks, a study has exposed visual hacking – a low-tech method used to capture sensitive, confidential and private information, as an under-addressed corporate risk.
The Visual Privacy Advisory Council and 3M conducted an experiment from which the results may surprise you. In almost nine out of ten attempts (88%), a white hat hacker was able to visually hack sensitive company information – credentials that could potentially put a company at risk for a much larger data breach. A quick glance is all it takes for visual hackers to gain valuable information and sensitive data. Passwords, account information and even website code are all vulnerable to hackers.
During the study, an average of five pieces of information were visually hacked per trial, including:
- Employee contact lists (63%)
- Customer information (42%)
- Corporate financials (37%)
- Employee access & login information/credentials (37%)
- Information about employees (37%)
Visual hacking happens quickly: Companies can be visually hacked in a matter of minutes, 45% occurring in less than 15 minutes and, 63% of visual hacks occurring in less than 30.
Visual hacking generally goes unnoticed.
Unprotected devices such as laptops pose the greatest opportunity for sensitive information to be visually hacked. 53% of information deemed sensitive (access or login credentials, confidential or classified documents, financial, accounting, budget information or attorney-client privileged documents) were gleaned by the visual hacker from the computer screen.
If you use a laptop in a public area such as on a train, at an airport or cafe you are even more open to attack. That’s were our PROHOOD® can help you thwart the visual hackers. PROHOOD® is a lightweight, hard, protective laptop case with an integrated privacy shield. The shield, is quick and easy to deploy, it can be opened in seconds.
- In those companies that employed the use of privacy shields, 50% of trials saw three or less information types visually hacked
- while 43% of companies that did not use privacy shields saw four or more information types visually hacked.
No matter where you are, you can work without the worry of visual hacking with PROHOOD® Get yours here today!
See the full report here
Adam – MNK Founder