Top Tips On How To Protect Your Laptop When Travelling
Avoid scratches, knocks, or spills to your laptop whenever you
go away with these handy tips.
Hello Tech Lovers!
Now that the COVID travel and country entry restrictions, are gradually lifting from popular destinations, we can spend a bit more time travelling and visiting the countries we so miss. Whether it’s for a holiday, a business trip, see family or friends or even to relocate, the borders are slowly beginning to open up again.
As we have become more mobile in recent times, so have our work tools, entertainment, and ways of communication. Technology has allowed us to work, play and keep in touch wherever we roam. One such device which hasn’t hindered our need for travel is – the laptop computer. We use our laptops whilst travelling for office presentations, keeping the kids amused, and for important correspondence. However, the portability of the laptop can also be seen as a down side due its vulnerability to get damaged.
Laptops like other tech devices aren’t cheap – costly repairs and expensive renewals can add onto an already expensive excursion. The constant packing, repacking, lid opening and closing, spills, knocks, bumps, scrapes, germs and change in climates can all take the toll on your machine.
I have listed a few tips to help protect your laptop whilst travelling. The clear thing to do, to keep your laptop free from damage is to protect it with a case or sleeve, but I have included a couple of maybe not so obvious things to try.
- 1. If flying, keep it close by in the overhead compartment, or better yet, under the seat in front of you. Don’t check it in with the other luggage – it could get squashed under piles of heavy luggage and break. Or worse, your baggage could get lost, losing your laptop and all your valuable data.
- 2. Invest in an all weather laptop case, something that can withstand the elements. A laptop case that is splash proof, water repellent, quick drying and has U.V radiation resistant properties.
- 3. Get your self a hardshell laptop case, one that can withstand knocks, bumps, scrapes and scratches – one that is shock absorbing. A robust laptop case that can handle hours of travelling.
- 4. Power down and keep the lid closed as much as possible – laptop hinges can wear over time. The fewer times the lid is opened and closed the better.
- 5. Use a cover – one that you can still use the laptop with. The cover will protect your laptop from spillages, straying germs and keep your on screen privacy.
No matter where you travel to or, how often – you can be rest assured that our high quality, light weight and robust laptop cases protect your tech cutting down on your expensive repair bills, costly repairs and reducing landfill waste. View our laptop cases including the PROHOOD® with it’s protective privacy screen / sun shade here
Hope you enjoyed this quick read on how to protect your laptop whilst travelling. Don’t forget to check out the blog archive below for more laptop protection tips.
Why not subscribe to be the first to hear when a new blog post is available and when new products come into the store.
Adam – MNK Founder